Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Program



Reese and Collin had their Christmas program last night! They both did such a good job. Collin's class performed first and he semed a little nervous to go on stage. I wasn't sure he was going to get up there and stay up there. One thing is for sure with Collin, you never know. I had to wake him up from his nap and he was NOT in a good mood and saying "I don't want to do the Christmas program." Well, he got up there and ended up wanting to stand with Ms. Lori, the director of Kidzworld, who was standing on the stage to help direct traffic. She was so sweet with him, she stood with him and allowed him to stand right next to her. If she hadn't been there, I am not sure he would've stayed. He did though and he knows we are so proud of him. This surprised me a little, because Collin is definitely not a kid that I worry about having stage fright or being shy in the least. I am so glad he stayed up there and performed, so he could be proud of himself. Reese's class went next and she surprised me as well. She got up there and I could tell she was looking for Jeff and me. So, I kept trying to get her attention because I didn't want her to be looking for us the whole time. She finally saw us (before they started) and she waved at us several times and was so excited. I was shocked by this because last year she was so shy on stage and did not like performing. She stood up there and sang and was really "into it". What a difference a year makes! I love these little performances, kids are so unpredictable and they are funny. Thank you Collin and Reese for making us proud and for such a sweet program. We love you!

No comments: