Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Started off rough....but got MUCH BETTER!



This morning Collin woke up at 6:15 and came to get in bed with me. He climbed in bed and I made the huge mistake of covering him up with the sheet AND the blanket--who knew how awful this would turn out to be? Well, he let me know this is NOT what he wanted, but instead of just telling me, he cried, screamed and threw a complete fit--I looked at the clock and realize it is only 6:20AM. After we made it through that moment, Collin decided he wanted to have breakfast--and I made ANOTHER major mistake-God forbid I poured the oatmeal into the bowl and I should have KNOWN this is Collin's job. Collin once again lost his mind....another fit of screaming, crying and very much letting his opinion be known. Well, there was one more incident, we were getting ready to leave and Collin decided he needed a band-aid on his boo-boo. I agreed and we went to pick out which one he would like, most mornings it would be Hello Kitty or Princess, but this morning it was Bat Man. All was going fine, he was sitting on the counter, and then BAM! I did it. I opened the band-aid package and Collin had already made up his mind that was WHAT HE WANTED TO DO!!! Another fit! Does anyone else ever want to rip their kid's head off before it is even 8:30AM? Am I the only mother that feels like it has been a COMPLETE DAY and it is only two hours into the day???


Well, we made it to school. I even warned Reese and Collin's teachers that it might be a rough day for him today. He did not have a good morning, but hopefully he will do okay. Fast forward to pick up and I asked Ms. Brandi---how was Collin today? She said he got an award!!! (Their school has a reward system where they send the kids to the directors office, get a certificate, and get to pick out a treat) Collin got an award for "helping pick up without being asked". If I could only get that to happen at home!!! So, good for him--he was such a good boy at school today. I was really proud of him and showered him with lots of praise.


Then we go to Tae Kwon Do (TKD)--we have sat out the last month of TKD because Collin was having a hard time following directions, listening, and keeping his hands to himself. Well, this is our first time to go back in a month and Collin had a GREAT day! At the beginning of class, Ms. Jill told the kids that whoever listened and followed directions the best would get the "karate kid" headband. Well, low and behold, Collin got the headband. I was so proud of him for going back and getting right back into the groove. This is the best class of TKD he has had--WAY TO GO COLLIN! Once again, I was a very proud mama.


**First picture is of Collin with his "karate kid" headband and TKD uniform
**Second picture is of Reese at her dance class--the girls had just been given their recital costume and they were so excited! I can't wait to see the recital.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Way to go, Collin!

And, no, you definitely aren't the only mom who feels like a complete day has happened by even 7:30 or 8 AM at our house!!