Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!



Jeff got up with the kids on Sunday morning, and let me "sleep" in, I didn't really sleep, but rested in bed. Then, two little angels ran in kissing me, hugging me and telling me "Happy Mother's Day"! Reese was so excited to give me my cards and gifts, so she was yelling, "Come see Mommy", "Come see Mommy". So, of course I got up and followed them to the living room where they made me the sweetest little poster, had my gifts and cards. It is so funny that before I was a mom I would have been thinking of my nice gifts, but I am so enamored by the fact that Reese had drawn a princess (and a pretty good one I think--it is pictured below) and so impressed with the way Collin & Reese had signed their names on the card and poster that-that is what I am so proud of at the moment. I loved my gifts (2 hanging baskets for my patio, a digital picture frame, and Jeff had sent me flowers on Saturday), but more than the gifts, I always know Jeff is trying to make Mother's Day special. As cheesy and gushy as that sounds, he really does go out of his way to let me rest and wants me to feel appreciated. So, Thank You Jeff. I had the most wonderful day and I love you and appreciate all you do for me.


I want to say Happy Mother's Day to my Mom and Carolyn (Jeff's mom). Thank you BOTH for everything. We feel blessed beyond words to have both of you. Thank you for all of your love, support AND all you do for us. You are not only great mothers, but incredible grandmothers. Reese and Collin love and adore you!!

2 comments:

The Magsigs said...

mHi Mitzi! I just saw the comment you posted on our blog (we haven't updated it in a LONG time) and am glad to hear from you. So glad that you are doing well. Your kiddos are super cute!

Heather said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! I know you are a great mom!!!