Saturday, May 31, 2008

Prayer request

I wanted to ask you to please pray for my friend Janis. Her father is very ill and he is not expected to live long, probably only a couple more days. He had stomach cancer, it once went into remission, but came back in January. He was given 3-6 mos. to live. She has had a wonderful opportunity to spend lots of quality time with him, and actually just returned from a trip with him, her mother, and her sister--just the 4 of them. What a blessing! He has suddenly taken a turn and it does not look good, plus he is in a lot of pain. Janis is leaving this afternoon to fly to Montana to be with her father and family. Please pray for Janis and her family to find peace and strength during this most difficult time.
On a lighter note, her precious twin girls (Ashton and Arabella) will be staying with us this week. I may need a few prayers as well (seriously)--with 4 almost 4 year olds (my twins and her twins)--we will be filled to capacity. It will be our first time to have friends spend the night and spend several days. I will have to get 3 girls dressed and looking their best for dance pictures on Friday (that will be interesting). I am actually looking forward to it. I may be crazy, but I think the kids will have so much fun. Please keep Janis and her family in your prayers.

3 comments:

Diane said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear this for Janis and her family. Please let her know that I am thinking of her and will be praying. Please give Ashton and Arabella a hug for me. A hug and prayer for you too for taking care of the girls for her. That is such a wonderful thing to do for her. You are giving her a peace of mind that her girls are well cared for while she is with her dear dad and mom.

Brandi said...

I was just thinking about Janis and her father the other day. Please tell her I will pray for her and her family. Good luck with the kids this week.

Denise said...

You're friends and their family are in our prayers - and if you need a little help, feel free to knock on our door.