Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Dentist



This morning (8:00 AM) Reese & Collin had a dental appointment. I was a little nervous, because the other 2 times we have been the kids have been scared, nervous and high maintenance. This morning, they came to the waiting area to get them, I discreetly asked if I should come along, and they said let's see if they will come back by themselves. If they need you or seem upset, we will come get you. Well, I could see and hear them from the receptionist desk and they did AWESOME. No tears at all and acted so BIG!!! I was SO proud of them.

I am always a little worried about their teeth because as babies they were both diagnosed with Osteopenia (a bone density issue)--this can effect their teeth. They both had this from being premature and have probably grown out of it by now, but it has definitely effected their baby teeth. The enamel is bumpy in spots and not near as strong as it would have been had they been full term. Well, the x-rays look as if Collin has a cavity. Our dentist had her baby this week, so we didn't see her, but the hygenist said it looks suspectful. I am so sad about this, more so, because the cavity may have to be filled. If any of you know Collin well (he is very scared of strange, or loud sounds)--he is going to HATE this. So, we go back June 10th and he may have to get a filling. My poor baby :(

On another note, they advised me to start flossing Reese & Collin's teeth--not sure how easy this is for the rest of you, but this will not be an easy task in our house. The joys of parenting!
**It is wear yellow to school today--which is why both my kiddos are decked out in yellow, not sure the reason, but I think it is because they are discussing the fruits of the spirit (the banana is yellow which means goodness). I will have to ask when I pick them up-I dropped them off late due to the dental appt. and didn't get a chance to ask.

2 comments:

Heather said...

This is your third visit???? I haven't ever taken Grant... guess I better get on that...

Heather said...

BTW, that's Heather, not Aaron... I've got to figure out how to get it to say my name... hmmm...