Saturday, April 5, 2008

"Lammy" and "Doggie"









This is a post that is very near and dear to my heart. As crazy as this may sound, these "loveys" have become a part of our everyday lives. I have misplaced them a few times and it might upset me more than Reese & Collin, misplacing them has literally brought me to tears. I am sure some of you may think it is b/c my children cannot sleep without them (this may be a small party of it), but it is because these have been with Reese and Collin every single day for the last 3 1/2 years. I see these little guys and I see my sleepy babies, I see my hurt babies and I see comfort to Reese and Collin while they are at preschool, or at grandma's spending the night, or when they just need a familiar face and Mommy and Daddy are not around. We have such creative names for these little guys they are "Lammy" (lamb) and "Doggie" (dog). As you see in the pictures, Reese sucks the ears on the lamb when lamb is in tote. She has literally sucked the ears off of one lamb, so we had to give her the replacement which I bought long ago in case something happened to old faithful. This means we now have TWO lambs and yes she is now attached to BOTH. If you look at the picture of the two lambs, you can see the new lamb is losing her ears as well. Some of you may say "YUCK"...okay, most of you probably say "YUCK" and I agree it is a little yucky, but I still love these lambs and cannot imagine the day when Reese will not want them. Collin loves his Doggie just as much but he prefers to play with Doggie's tag. He does sometimes chew on the mouth, which means he has needed a few repairs, but typically he rubs the tag to fall asleep. We have only one dog and hope that we will always only have one dog. Just wanted to share Doggie and Lammy with you. They are so special to Reese and Collin, it is nice when Reese and Collin are at school, we have a sitter, or we are out of town that our angels have something familiar and special to love on.

No comments: