Monday, May 24, 2010

Last Day of School at Kidzworld


The last day of school at Kidzworld was a pajama day! I wanted to do something speical for Reese and Collin for their last day of preschool, so I bought both of them a new pair of pajamas and wrote them a little note--just a little surprise for when they woke up! This day was so bitter sweet to me. I woke up way too early and was very emotional. I got out their scrapbooks, just for a little reminiscing and enjoyed looking at how much they had grown in the four years they have been at Kidzworld. I drove them to school and tried to tell them to take it all in, this would be the last drive to Kidzworld and the next time we go to school we will be going to BIG Kindergarten at Sparks. They both reveled in that for a moment and then Reese said, "I am a little sad because Collin won't be in my class." I reassured her and told her you will make lots of new friends, and a couple of our neighbors might be in her class, etc. Then Collin asked her, "Will you still play with me at school?" Reese started welling up with tears and said, "I can't, I won't be in your class." Let me tell you...I was about to cry myself...I quickly jumped in and said,"you never know, you might have recess at the same time, or have lunch together and when you see each other in the halls you can wave at each other". So, we moved on about what will be so fun at elementary school and they both agreed that they love the BIG gym and BIG cafeteria and of course the playground, so I think all will be okay.
We will all miss Kidzworld greatly! As I have posted many times before, we have loved every moment there. The teachers and directors are all absolutely wonderful! How we will miss it all, but time to place our energy into to gearing up for Kindergarten and all the new, exciting experiences in front of us.

No comments: