Monday, December 7, 2009

Merry Main Street-Frisco Square




I had one goal in mind when we were discussing going to Merry Main Street--that was to let the kids shop in the "Kid's Holiday Store". This is where the kids get placed with one of "santa's helpers" and they can shop for Mommy, Daddy, and siblings. There is a $5 maximum per person, they get to pick out the gift all by themself, and then the store wraps it for them before bringing the kids back to "us"(parents). I just thought the kids would get a total kick out of doing this. Well, when the "helpers" brought them back to us, Reese had one package and she said, "it is for BOTH of you". Collin came back with 3 packages and said he shopped for himself. We can see inside one package and it is a Diego coloring set, he has said a million times he got himself a jump rope, and we didn't know what was in the other package. I kept asking him all day yesterday, did you buy something for Daddy? Sissy? Mommy? All he kept saying is he bought things for "ME!" (meaning himself). So, I peeked last night and the 3rd package is a Buzz Lightyear cup/straw....so yep, he bought 3 gifts and they are all for himself---how generous--HA! So, now I am not sure what to do because when we open gifts he will have 3 extra "little" things and Reese will have gotten something for Jeff & me....could possibly cause a little drama. I think this is so funny...I just love that with kids you never know what you are going to get. They always keep us on our toes and add so much fun and laughter to our lives. Love it!
It was just too cold to do anything else at Merry Main Street, but we ran into Santa, an elf making balloons was so cute and made a balloon for each of the kids and then we went to eat at Babe's--the last couple of pics are of Collin doing the Hokey-Pokey at Babe's...we can never get Reese to do it.

1 comment:

The Devlin Family said...

What a picture perfect family. I wish I had a few ictures this good of our kids. I laughed out loud about Collin buying the gifts for himself. I actually asked him about it when I babysat and he told me the same. I asked, "Didn't you get something for mommy and daddy?" and he said "No, for me.". Hilarious.