Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Soccer Update



I thought I would do a little update about soccer. We have now had 5 games, so only 3 to go. Overall, the experience has been a pretty good one, our coaches are really light hearted, not too pushy and really sweet with the kids.
Reese loves soccer. She is quick and her skills have come a long way. She gets really excited about practice and the games and participates as much as they will let her. This last game, she was disappointed she didn't score a goal, but I had to remind her that she BLOCKED several of the other teams goals and that is just as important as scoring.
Collin, on the other hand, does NOT like soccer. Practices are okay, but he does not enjoy the games. He does not like the other teams taking the ball from him and I don't think he likes all of the cheering/yelling, strange since he is the LOUDEST kids I know....heehee. I have signed him up for a soccer camp, that is in the evenings one week in June, but after that we will be taking a long break from soccer (at least for Collin). Then, if he decides he wants to try again, we will.

No comments: