Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Preschool Graduation





Last Tuesday night, Reese and Collin had preschool graduation. Is this even possible? Are they actually old enough to have ANY type of graduation? I can't believe my babies are about to be five years old. I am feeling a little emotional that we are reaching a crossroads where most of our friends, we have been with in preschool, are now heading to Kindergarten. I have decided to put Reese and Collin in "Transitional Kindergarten" at Kidzworld. This is basically private kindergarten, but meant for kids who are being held back, or who barely missed the cut off for going onto Kindergarten. Reese and Collin's birthday is August 27th, and I just feel they both could use another year to mature a little more, plus their Mommy could use another year of them being at home. I am SO NOT READY for them to go to school full time and thrilled I have a little more time with my babies.


At graduation, both of my kiddos made us so proud. Collin rocked it out when his class performed and he kept the audience laughing....go figure. All of the teachers handed out individual awards for each of the kids. Collin received the "I'm Glad I'm Me" award. Ms. Rachael went on to say that Collin is completely comfortable in his own skin. He is confident and independent, and happy to do his own thing. I can't think of many qualities I would rather my child have than confidence.
Reese sang with her class as well and she did a wonderful job too! She is really coming out of her shell and it is so fun to watch. Ms. Nish gave Reese the "Independence" award. Ms. Nish went on to say that she does things her own way and does it joyfully. She doesn't need her friends approval, just does what she thinks is right and with a smile on her face and joy in her heart. After the ceremony, both teachers commented on how they had not even discussed the awards that were being given. The ironic thing was, that both of them described Reese and Collin in such similar ways.
After the graduation program, their was a reception in the church and the kids had some cookies and juice and enjoyed their friends. After, we headed to Double Dip for a little ice cream with the Armondo's. I am so proud of Reese and Collin and so thrilled to be their Mommy. I am looking forward to a wonderful summer and one last year of them being home with me.

4 comments:

Morton Madness said...

How cute... they even had gowns :) Where did the time go?

The Devlin Family said...

I love the graduation pictures . . . they are so adorable and they have gotten so big.

aichiba said...

I can't believe they wear a cap and gown ... soooo grown up. Glad you will have another year with them - the are adorable :)

Diane said...

Great job Collin and Reese! I enjoyed seeing the graduation. :) You are going to have a great time in TK.