Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Mother's Day




Sunday, Jeff and the kids let me sleep in. I woke up to 2 sweet little angels climbing in bed with me and telling me "Happy Mother's Day" and anxiously wanting me to open the cards they signed for me and drew pictures on. Next thing I know, they were dying for me to open my sweet gifts and so excited to help me! We went to church after opening my gifts and the kids sang in front of the congregation (4-5 year olds)--they did such a good job--I was so proud of them! After that, we went to have lunch at "On The Border" and then home for a beautiful, restful afternoon. We then headed to Aunt AC and Uncle Russ'. I couldn't believe it, but the kids SWAM!!! The water was freezing, but they were completely unphased by this. Aunt AC made a yummy dinner, we all chatted and hung out and then we headed home. I can't think of any better way I could have spent Mother's Day. Jeff always go out of his way to get the kids excited and ready to make me feel special! I truly appreciate his effort and feel so blessed to have a husband that is teaching Reese and Collin that all mother's should be honored and respected...and made to feel EXTRA special on Mother's Day!

No comments: