Friday, September 26, 2008

Ramblings of a tired Mommy....

Collin woke up around 3AM Wednesday, poor kid said he felt bad and he was HOT. I didn't even take his temperature, I just gave him Motrin and put him back to bed. He woke up early Wednesday morning around 6AM saying his throat hurt, so we took Reese to school and Collin went to the doctor. Of course while there, he was acting perfectly healthy and full of energy. Dr Nail asked him, "does your throat hurt?" and Collin boldly said, "Noooo" and then Dr. Nail asked him, "did you have a fever?" and again loudly proclaimed, "Nope." So, there I sit looking like a big, fat LIAR. Dr. Nail just laughed and said, "kids will throw you under the bus everytime". Clearly, I would prefer Collin to be at school and for me to not be dishing out $$$ to the doctor. So, Dr. Nail says Collin has laryngitis and a virus and I am left realizing I shouldn't have taken him in the first place. Then, Collin takes a nap and wakes up miserable and we go get Reese. Same story on Thursday. Then, last night (Thursday), I go to give him Motrin before I go to bed and he SOUNDS horrible and his is HOT--I take his temp. and it is 102 (under the arm), so probably more like 103. Jeff goes out and buys a new humidifier (ours is a P.O.S.) and I WORRY....WORRY....WORRY. I check on him every hour or so. He finally cools down, so I feel a little better. Jeff checks on him at 4AM (which is when he gets up for work) and said he sounds BAD. To make a long story....even longer....he is STILL sick. Completely stinks. Of course it is "invite a friend to dance day" and Abigail is supposed to be meeting us there. I can't take Collin. So, my friends Julianne and Janis, step up to the plate and help me out with Reese. I am really hoping Reese doesn't get sick and Collin gets better. I leave next Thursday for NY, and I would hate to leave behind sick little monkeys. I bet Jeff would hate it worse....

1 comment:

aichiba said...

Terrible! Poor Collin. Hopefully his body will fight this virus and he'll be better soon.