Friday, September 12, 2008

An exciting morning

Collin got up this morning and was asking to color, so I put him at the breakfast table, got him some markers and a coloring book. I thought I heard a bird chirping, and was about to ask Collin if he could hear it. Then it started to get louder and louder and started sounding more like a yelp! I started thinking that Sophie, our cat, maybe got a hold of a bird. So, I went to open the patio door and standing right there, ready to dart in was Sophie with a FURRY CREATURE in her mouth and all I could see was blood. I sort of kicked at her to scare her back outside, but she just dropped this creature inside the house and she ran back outside. I screamed and wanted to make sure I could see where it was going. I soon realized it was a baby bunny, but I could see blood and, if you know me well, you KNOW I was NOT going to be touching this bunny. So, I pick up Collin and I call Jeff and start screaming and crying what happened and now there is a bloody baby bunny in our house and that I CANNOT pick it up. He quickly let's me go and calls our neighbor. I am trying to tell Collin not to be scared, but why wouldn't he be, his mom is a complete FREAK about these kind of things and can't even control myself with my kids around. Joel (our neighbor), comes over, get the bunny out from under the couch and checks him out. He says he has a little wound, but nothing that looks too serious. He takes the baby bunny out, across the alley and let's him go. I have put our cat back in the house and pray that she does NOT do something like this again!!! Poor Collin is probably scarred for life, but he seemed fine after we explained to him that Mr. Joel caught the bunny and let him run to find his Mommy and Daddy. Collin was glad to know the bunny was okay and that he would be reunited with his family. Quite an exciting morning around here!!! Reese woke up right as Mr. Joel was leaving, so she missed the whole thing. Funny enough...as I was getting ready this morning and the kids were playing in the playroom--I could hear Collin yelling, "the baby bunny is going to get me, the bunny is going to get me". I went in there and reminded him that the bunny was OUTSIDE and he said, "I know Mommy, I am just pretending."

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Beware of baby bunnies... they are mean little suckers you know! Thank goodness for Mr. Joel to the rescue!! LOL :)