Friday, September 5, 2008

Meet-the-Teacher

Last night we had meet-the-teacher. Jeff and I LOVE both of their teachers and can't wait to see all that they will learn this year. We walked into Collin's room and met his teacher, Ms. Rachel. He was so excited to meet her and seemed to warm to her quite easily. Collin has 5 or 6 kids from his class last year , in his new class, and he was thrilled to see them. After Jeff and Collin got settled, I took Reese onto her room. We walked in, with a warm greeting from Ms. Nish (rhymes with wish) and her assistants Ms. Melody and Ms. Sonja. Reese wanted me to hold her and just dug her face into my shoulder and wouldn't look up. She finally looked at me and said "I want to go give Collin a kiss". I just teared up (and am tearing up just typing this) and it took everything in me not to start crying. I was so sad for her, but realized this is EXACTLY why I had put them into separate classes. I explained to her that we will go give Collin a big hug and a kiss, and then we are going to come back into Ms. Nish's room and color and see our friends. So, that is what we did. She gave Collin a hug and a kiss and we headed back to her room. I could hardly keep it together--but we managed. She was such a big girl, she found her seat, saw her friends and jumped right in. Reese has 6 kids from last years class in her new class (including dear friends Ashton and Arabella), so that will definitely help being away from Collin. Jeff and Collin came in about 10 minutes later and he was able to meet Reese's teacher and Collin got to see where his sister would be. Their teachers are so sweet, they told me they are trying to schedule recess together, so they can see each other throughout the day. At the end of the evening, Reese actually cried because we had to leave. So, even though she had a hard time at first, at least she wanted to stay. We feel so blessed to have amazing teachers and anticipate a wonderful school year. The count down is on---Tuesday cannot come soon enough!!!! We are ALL ready.

2 comments:

Diane said...

It is going to be a great year. Both Ms Rachael and Ms Nish are awesome. Landry had Ms Rachael for his 3's class and his Pre K class and loves her so much. He also had Ms Nish in his 2's class she was the assitant teacher then. I missed seeing you all last night - we are on the other side of the building now.

Lauren said...

Yea! I am so glad that it turned out well in the end. I know it must have been so hard at first. I am sure you made the right decision though, and the good thing is that if it is not you always have next year.
Here's hoping Tuesday gets here at warpspeed!! :)