Thursday, September 18, 2008

Children definitely speak the truth

So, yesterday, Reese and I are sitting on the couch and we have a conversation that goes like this....

Reese: "Mommy, sometimes you have a baby in your tummy."

Me: "No, I really don't, why do you think that I have a baby in my tummy?" (knowing EXACTLY where this is going)

Reese: "Because your tummy is BIG" (she even giggled a little)

Me: "No, there is no baby in my tummy, I just have a big tummy." (I couldn't decide to laugh or cry)

The scariest part of this conversation is now I am afraid of who else she might say this too. So, if she happens to say this to YOU, just know you aren't alone...better go start doing some sit-ups.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Hello!!!! You do not have a tummy, have you seen me lately?? Now that is scary. Maybe she is just wishing for a baby in the tummy and that is her way of saying it. :) She sat behind me in chapel yesterday. She is so sweet. She said hello Ms Diane and gave me a hug. :)

Morton Madness said...

Note to self... Reese is NOT allowed near my mid region... hehehe