Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to Our Angels

Happy Birthday to Reese and Collin, our little rays of sunshine. It is such a joy to be your mother and I feel so blessed to have you both. I didn't know 4 short years ago, how much our lives would change, but it has changed in ways we never could have imagined!!

Reese, Reesie, Lovebug, Monkey, My Girl--
You are growing into such a beautiful little girl. I can't believe the difference a year makes. You have gone from being a toddler and have grown into a little person. You are such a little chatterbox (when you are comfortable) and you are so independent. This year has been a drastic change for me because you just "get it". I might have to explain things to you, but you actually understand. I am so proud of you in so many ways. You are giving, you are so good with babies and little ones, you are polite and so loving, not too mention really smart! Daddy and I laugh because he likes to throw out a lot of one-liners and you get them. We are so surprised when you giggle at him. You like to take care of Collin--you want to make sure he gets a snack and a drink and anything you think he may need. I love your little relationship and how you both look out for each other. This has been a wonderful year for you. You have blossomed and matured more than I thought possible, in just a year. Although you are a little self-concious, you overcame it and danced beautifully in your dance recital (we were so proud). You are a good listener and a rule follower (most of the time). You say "seriously", just like I do (so funny). You are so sweet and you like to cuddle--every morning you crawl into bed with me and say "I want to snuggle you". You are my beautiful angel. You are "my favorite girl in the whole world".
I love you TTHHIIIIIIISSSSSS much!!!!! Mommy

Collin, Collie-wollie, Angel-face, Monkey--
You are the most loving and affectionate little guy that I know. You love to engage adults and talk to them, most of the time starting your conversation with, "What's your name?" This seems to be the question of the year and definitely your way of communicating with someone you either don't know OR don't know very well. You have grown into a daddy's boy (sometimes) and yall dream about going camping and hunting together. You love your "daddy" time of swimming, fishing, playing outside and just hanging out together. This year was a transitional year for you, I think trying to figure out exactly how the world works and who is in charge. You definitely keep me on my toes, but I think you almost have it figured out (after several long months) that Mommy and Daddy are going to run the show, but we want you to have fun, just be safe and follow the rules while playing. You are so sweet and affectionate, you love to cuddle and snuggle and you LOVE to be held. You love books and your favorite thing to do is read. I am so proud to be your Mommy! You are so confident and can make friends with anybody. You are very empathetic, you are very concerned when someone cries or is sad--if Reese chooses Daddy you are always quick to say, I want MOMMY (for whatever it might me). You have come so far--just 2 short years ago, my biggest fear was you might have Cerebral Palsy--you are an active, thriving 4 year old and you absolutely AMAZE me!
I love you to the moon and back!!! Mommy

1 comment:

Morton Madness said...

sniffle sniffle, where is my tissue? That was the sweetest thing I have ever seen. I cannot believe they are so big. It seems like yesterday you were pregnant with them and then they came early and had to spend so much time in the ICU. They really are so cute and sweet.