Monday, August 4, 2008

Glen Rose









We headed to Glen Rose this weekend for my family reunion. On the way, we stopped at Dinosaur Valley State Park. The kids LOVED seeing a few life size dinosaurs and some dinosaur foot prints. We hiked, Jeff jumped in the river with them and they got to explore the wilderness. This was so much fun for Jeff and them, and a little nerve-racking for me. I am not used to this sort of thing. It is so hard for me to "let go", I just want to keep them safe and close at all times. I was afraid they would slip on the rocks in the river (water was only a couple of inches deep but it was very slippery), I was scared they would fall down the rock steps, and I wanted them holding mine or Jeff's hands at all times. Jeff eventually said, "Mitzi, let them have a little freedom to explore". I just started crying, because it is hard for me, really hard. I don't want them to get hurt and I just want to protect them. Jeff was right, so I tried to let go a little and you know what??? They ended up without any boo-boo's and all in one piece, so it worked out!
We then hung out with family for the rest of the weekend. I have to say, I really enjoy seeing my family at these reunions. People tend to think family reunions are a beating, but I enjoyed it. Everyone was amazed at how big Collin and Reese are and how much they have grown!!! We had a great weekend, but glad to be home.


No comments: