Monday, August 18, 2008

4th Birthday Party










Reese & Collin had their birthday party yesterday and they had such a wonderful time. We appreciated everyone being willing to switch from the original plan (which was swimming) to the new plan (which was cooking). I called "Young Chef's Academy" on Friday to see if they happened to have a spot open on Sunday (since the weather forecast was not good) and they were totally willing to accomodate us, even though they don't usually do parties on Sunday. The kids had a great time with their little cooking class, making pizza and eating cake---the girls who did the class were so good with the kids!
The stressful part of party planning--the invitation list--I always end up feeling like someone is going to get their feelings hurt. We are blessed with so many wonderful friends from school, playgroup and kids of friends of Jeff and myself--that it just seems like we can't invite everyone--and I hate that. So, we usually just try to stick with the kids that Reese and Collin see a few times a week and spend a lot of time with. Jeff always tells me people are probably glad they don't have to go to another party, so hopefully that is how people feel.

3 comments:

Emily said...

What a fun birthday party idea!!! Wish I had known about that for my birthday last month - would they have let a bunch of 30 year olds come? I probably would have had just as much fun :)

Diane said...

Looks like a fun time! Happy Birthday Collin & Reese!!

Lauren said...

LOL! I forget who you are on FOL!!! I am so glad that they had fun! Ali (the owner of YCA) is such a great gal. I have known her for many years now and I am so glad that she has opened YCA. I can't wait for Ashley to be big enough to go there!
Happy Birthday Reese and Collin!!!