Thursday, September 17, 2009

Eye Doctor Appointment

If you haven't caught up....go back and read "The Handwriting Clinic" post and that will lead you to this one. Collin went to the eye doctor Monday morning and he actually had fun! Dr. Kurtin was wonderful and so good with him. I would highly recommend him if anyone needs an eye doctor :) Anyways, they checked his visual acuity, his fine motor skills, checked to see how his eye muscles were working and to see if anything was indicative of a "processing" issue. As of right now, Dr. Kurtin believes that Collin is just fine and that those muscles will strenghten and become stronger over time, making it easier for him to write. He wants Collin to complete this session at The Handwriting Clinic and see how that comes along and then follow up in December. So, overall, I feel relieved that at least at this point in time that things look okay.

2 comments:

Diane said...

That is good news!

Heather said...

Grant HATED to write/draw/color all of last year and I was so worried about him & Kindergarten... It was my main concern! But, now (who knows what changed), he loves to draw and his writing has really improved... his teachers told me that he needs to just build up strength in his hands and compared it to me having write with my left hand... I wouldn't like it, it would be hard and I would have to do lots of practice to write "nicely" with that hand... makes sense! I'm just so glad he's starting to turn the corner!