Monday, June 9, 2008

Disney World Resevations

Not sure if you know or not, but we are going to Disney World in December. Well, yesterday marked the 180th day before we arrive. Do you know how IMPORTANT this day is? I was not aware of its importance before I started "studying" for our trip to Disney. Well, this is the day where you can start to make all of your "character" dining reservations and reserve any of the "hot" things to do while in Disney. So, I knew at 6AM on July 8th, was our big day. The reservations office opens at 7AM on Sunday (6AM our time), so I set my alarm for 5:40AM just to make sure I could snooze once, get a COKE, get my 2 phones (cell and home), and my list of reservations that needed to be made, and I could start dialing a few minutes early.

We are also going to Disney with the Devlin's and Nana & Apa (my mom & Fermin). So, Amy and I had decided on the dinners we wanted to do together, apart, and what times we wanted to eat. We split up the reservations (I had to make 6) and then we agreed to both start dialing like mad at 6AM. Well, I executed my plan perfectly, pathetically enough I couldn't sleep that well b/c I was nervous I would oversleep and not get the reservations we were wanting.
Who knew that it could be so difficult to get a seat at "Cinderella's Royal Table" or "Chef Mickey's"? I didn't realize that when I called starting at 5:55AM that I would still have to sit on hold for 4 minutes, but I got thru and we got all our reservations we wanted!!! After, making our dining reservations, I called to schedule Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (which is hair, nails, make-up with all of the princesses in Cinderella's castle)--I had to wait for 14 minutes on hold and then I finally got thru to make a reservation for Reese. So, moral of the story, if you are ever going to Disney and wanting to reserve some of the "popular" things to do---180 days before your arrival, you will be losing sleep to make these ever so important phone calls!!!! The things we do for our kids!!! I can't wait for our trip, it can't come soon enough!

2 comments:

TEAMMA said...

OMG-- who knew!! glad you got all the reservations made!!

Heather said...

I had NO idea!!!