Saturday, October 30, 2010

"Meet the Teacher"




"Meet the Teacher" night was great. Collin got Ms. Jamison for his teacher and Reese got Ms. Martin. Each of them got to do a little scavenger hunt around their rooms and got to see where they will sit and meet some of the new friends they will have in class. Before we were released to actually go meet the teachers and go see the rooms, we had a brief "kindergarten" meeting. The counselor, Ms. Salmon, read a poem that almost killed me. I literally was doing the ugly cry and had to stop listening just so I could pull it together. I know they do this, so as parents, we will know our children will be well taken care of, but seriously--send the poem home with us or something. I did eventually pull it together and we enjoyed the rest of our time! Luckily, the kids were in the gym with all the other new kindergarteners, while we were meeting. I would not have wanted them to have been worried about me! After, we met Nana for dinner and she gave them their new backpacks and lunch boxes for school!!! So fun!

No comments: