Monday, April 5, 2010

Good-Bye and Good Luck Ms. Chandee


One of Reese and Collin's teachers this year is Ms. Chandee. We received word a couple of weeks ago that her husband had been laid off and and found a new job in San Antonio. Ms. Chandee decided to go ahead and move with him, so last Thursday we said "Good-bye" to Ms. Chandee. She is one of the sweetest and most patient persons I have ever met. It is so interesting having both of my kids in her class because they handled this situation so differently. Collin must have said 1 million times "I don't want Ms. Chandee to move/leave." He asked tons of questions, asked if we can go visit her, where San Antonio is, etc. He teared up on many occasions and was really sad about it. Ms. Chandee said on her last day that he hardly left her side and was really attached to her all day. Reese on the other samed seemed pretty unphased by it all. She said she would miss her, but did not seem emotional about it. Well, Friday morning, Reese asked me, "do you know it was so hard for me to fall asleep? Every time I closed my eyes, I would think about Ms. Chandee". This just made me realize, she was probably just as sad, they just process things differently. So, we are sad to see her go, but wish her all the best!! My kids have had a great year with her and have learned alot. These last 7 weeks of school, we will have Ms. Shannon and Ms. Ashlyn who are both very involved with Kidzworld. Ms. Shannon is a sub for Kidzworld and prior to subing she taught at Kidzworld. Ms. Ashlyn is the assistant director and prior to that she taught TK, so they both know all of the kids and are very familiar with the school. I know the kids will be in wonderful hands.

1 comment:

Diane said...

I LOVE Ms Chandee and I miss her too! I know I will keep up with her on FB but it is not the same as seeing her at school and outside of school :(. I love Ms Shannon and Ms Ashlyn too - they are both great friends of mine and they will love Reese and Collin for you too :). Do you remember when Collin was in the 2's with Shanann and I and he would peek in Ms Ashlyn;s window and say momma ... :) I was thinking about that today.