Monday, August 9, 2010

Going back to work....

Well, while I was in Rockport, I received a job offer at Roach MS in Frisco. I am so thankful, and relieved, and at the same time so sad. The job offer is for 6th grade ILA (Language Arts and Reading), pending passing my certification tests. I had promised Terri, the principal, that I would be willing to take both the ELAR certification test AND the Generalist test to up my chances of actually passing one or the other. So, the Tuesday and Wednesday after Rockport, I took both tests (one on Tuesday and one on Wednesday)---and by Friday I found out I had passed BOTH! This brought on a flood of emtions, for that meant, I am DEFINITELY going back to work full-time.
This, of course, is a blessing and I know without a doubt that it is meant-to-be, but it is still difficult. I am sad that I will not be the one picking up Reese and Collin from school and that I will not be able to volunteer at their school like I had always hoped for. This is temporarily giving up a little of the dream I have had as their mother, but sometimes we have to step up to the plate for our families, and that is what I am doing.
I have been on an emotional roller coaster for the last couple of weeks, shed lots of tears and have needed time to digest all that has happened so quickly. I am now trying to get myself geared up to teach. I actually LOVE teaching, and look forward to being back in the classroom. I know that me going back will hopefully relieve Jeff of working such a long, and early, hours. It was also hopefully allow him to get some help in the office (eventually). I also think it will help us put some additional fund towards the kids college funds and give us a few opportunities we would not have had if I had not gone back. So, there are definitely positives to it, it is just getting myself used to the fact that life has changed (and quickly).
I might be on a similar roller coaster, even if I was not going back to work. These emotions have snuck up on me, unexpectedly, and the fact that Reese and Collin are going to Kindergarten has really struck a nerve with me. I just don't want their little lives to go by too quickly. I want to cherish my every moment with them, soak in their little laughs, hug and kiss their sweet cheeks, listen to all their cute stories and just enjoy them while they are young. I have so enjoyed being home these last six years and I will always treasure all the time I have been able to be with them. I feel so blessed to be their Mommy and I want nothing but to continue to savor every moment.

1 comment:

Diane said...

I am happy for you but totally understand the sadness you are feeling. I am pretty sure that Lori L's daughter attends Roach...she is entering 7th grade this year. I will lift you up in prayer and send positive thoughts your way.