Monday, October 5, 2009

GAME BALL for COLLIN!!!



This last Saturday, Collin was awarded the game ball at his game. It actually made me tear up, not because I want him to be so good, but because he was NOT enjoying baseball in the beginning. Collin played pitcher the first inning (they only play 3 innings) and I was literally NERVOUS--pathetic I know. I just want him to do so good and not shake the confidence we are building. I realize it doesn't seem very hard to play pitcher in tee ball, but they are the one who get lots of fielding action. So, sure enough he got lots of balls hit to him and around him and he did such an AWESOME job. He would catch the ball or run get the ball and he would throw to first base. He then would yell to Jeff, "Did I get an out?"...Well, he did this every, single time. He would field the ball, throw it and then yell "Did I get an out?" One time he fielded the ball, ran home and of course he had to ask, "Did I get an out?". It was so sweet and so fun to see him excited and playing hard. I couldn't believe how well he was fielding the ball and throwing to first.
After the game, Coach Rod had the game ball and said "This goes to Collin Miller, he would not even LOOK at me the first practice." He went on to say that he was proud of how far Collin has come. Collin's game ball was a hard-working, heart award and he sure did deserve it. I cannot believe how much his attitude has changed and how much he has improved! I am so excited for him!!!

No comments: