Saturday, July 11, 2009

Kids say the darndest things....

Collin: Mommy are you a grandma?

Me: No, I am a Mommy. I won't be a grandma until you grow up and get married and have a baby.

Collin: You said I won't have a baby in my tummy.

Reese: No, but I will.

Me: Collin you will marry someone and she will have a baby in her tummy.

Reese: Collin is going to marry me.

Me: Okay, then you will have a baby and I will be a grandma.

Reese: Will you have curly hair when you turn into a grandma??

**I just thought this was a cute little conversation on many levels. I love the cute thoughts and questions they have.

_______________________________________________

Collin to Aunt AC (Andrea): Do you have kids?

Aunt AC: Well.....

Me: Well, Aunt AC has a baby in her tummy. The baby is really, really small. (we had not told the kids yet)

Collin: I want to see it.

Aunt AC: the baby is inside....you can't see it.

**we tried to explain this to him on many levels but not sure it was sinking in

Collin: I want to see it (as he is trying to pull down her strapless dress.

Me: The baby is inside her tummy, under her belly button.

Collin to Aunt AC: Did you swallow it?

**We all had a good giggle and we decided to ask Collin if he thought the baby was a girl or a boy.

No comments: